Lana Del Rey is reportedly engaged to a serious hunk! We’ve got five things to know about musician Clayton Johnson, after she rocked a massive diamond ring on ‘The Tonight Show.’
When you know, you know! Lana Del Rey and ex-boyfriend Sean Larkin split up only eight months ago, and already she’s reportedly engaged to her new beau, 31-year-old musician Clayton Johnson. The 35-year-old singer sported no accessories other than a large diamond ring on that finger when she appeared on The Tonight Show on Dec. 14 to sing “Let Me Love You Like A Woman,” which you can watch above. Several sources confirmed to PEOPLE that Lana and Clayton are indeed betrothed, and we’ve got five things to know about the gorgeous chanteuse’s handsome new fiance.
1. Lana and Clayton met on a dating app. The couple met the modern way, via an app according to the publication’s report. Which is pretty much the main way to meet prospective dates in 2020 Los Angeles, with bars being closed, restaurants at limited capacity, and social gatherings prohibited due to COVID-19. They began following each other on Instagram in Aug. 2020, and Lana’s blue jean-clad legs and bare feet made an appearance on Clayton’s Instagram page in a Nov. 7 post, which Lana herself liked!
2. Clayton was in a pop cover band with his two brothers. Clayton was featured in The Johnsons along with his younger brothers Chantry and Connor. Their YouTube channel has nearly 90,000 subscribers. Their top viewed song is a version of Rihanna featuring Kanye West and Paul McCartney‘s “Four Five Seconds,” which has 1.5 million views. The band also did a killer rendition of Taylor Swift‘s “New Romantics. The Johnsons also recorded several original pop songs, including “Kick It” and “Calvin Kleins.”
3. Clayton appeared in DNCE’s 2015 “Cake By The Ocean” music video.” He played a sportscaster in the video’s intro, sitting behind a news desk on a beach and saying,”Hello and welcome to the first annual DNCE international cake fight, where no matter how you slice it, it’s a piece of cake.” In the IG video post’s caption, he thanked supermodel Gigi Hadid, 25, who made her co-directorial debut on the video and was lead singer Joe Jonas‘ girlfriend at the time.
4. Clayton made a “bucket list” in 2019 that included plenty of travel. Next to a May 20, 2019 Instagram post featuring Clayton seeing the sights in Rome, Italy, he wrote, “I sat in the woods last year & wrote out a physical bucket list. Since that day I’ve worked towards knocking them out 1 by 1. This is for my friends who aren’t here today, who thought they had more time on this earth. Living each day for you.” He also visited Florence, Italy and Paris, France on the same sight-seeing vacation.
5. Clayton and his brothers grew up in Modesto, CA. The boys hail from the Central California city in between Fresno and the San Francisco Bay area. Clayton graduated from Davis High School in 2007, and grew up singing in church and school bands, according to a profile by The Modesto Bee newspaper.